Has the cooler weather found you feeling blue? It’s a pretty common sentiment this time of year. Seasonal depression occurs in 10-20% of Americans, but there are a few ways that you can beat those winter blues in the Washington winter:
- Turn on some of your favorite uplifting music and have some fun! The right music can lift even Ebenezer’s spirit.
- Supplement with Vitamin D. You can get it naturally with sunlight, so take a walk outside. If sunlight is not an option, you can also find it in Vitamin D fortified milk or juice, or other foods (such as eggs).
- Bright light can help brighten your mood, so draw back the curtains and let the sunlight in, or as mentioned above, take a walk outside.
- Citrus scents reduce stress and are a great pick-me-up. Light some citrus-scented candles, eat an orange, or enjoy some tea with lemon.
- Pick up the phone and call a friend you know is sure to make you happy and lighten your mood, or call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while. They will be surprised and excited to hear from you and in turn, help you feel the joy of the season.
At MM Comfort Systems, we hope these tips will help you feel the holiday spirit. When in need of heating repair Seattle and Tacoma, residents turn to no one other than MM Comfort! Keeping your heating equipment in tiptop shape will help you stay joyful and warm while you get ready for the fall and winter holiday seasons.