The EPA ranks indoor air quality as a top 5 public health risk. Periodic air duct cleaning, air duct system inspection and repairs helps maintain a healthy living environment.
MM Comfort Systems is your experienced air duct cleaning company that can service your home or commercial building in the Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond or Tacoma area. Call us today at 425-881-7920 for recommendations on your building and to hear what our specials are currently.
Review these questions below to help you determine if it is time to have your home or commercial building’s air ducts professionally cleaned:
- Is anyone in the home suffering from allergies?
- Does anyone in the home have asthma or other respiratory ailments?
- Are you constantly suffering from fatigue?
- Is anyone in the home experiencing frequent headaches, nasal congestion or other sinus problems?
- Is anyone complaining of dry or irritated eyes?
- Do you notice a musty or stale odor while your home's furnace is running?
- Do you find a film of dust on your furniture shortly after cleaning?
- Is black soiling noticeable around your registers?
- Have you noticed a significant increase in your heating bill?
The following steps are an overview of the air duct cleaning process. The contractor you select should provide all of these services to deliver the best results possible.
- Inspect the entire air duct system prior to cleaning. This includes testing the air duct / heating / AC systems to make sure it is operating properly and there are no possible leaks in the duct system.
- Remove furnace filter, wrap it in plastic and reinstall it in order to separate the supply and return sides of the system.
- Create an access hole in the ductwork on the return side.
- Connect the flexible vacuum hose to the ductwork.
- Mask off the return grill(s) to ensure a strong vacuum and increase air velocity.
- Stage the compresses air hose, air tools and brushes at the return grills.
- Start the vacuum source and check for proper negative pressure.
- Starting at the furthest grill, clean the grill and duct work with the air tools and brushes.
- Once the return side has been thoroughly cleaned, repeat steps 3 through 8 on the supply side.
- Clean the coils, blower and the rest of the furnace internals.
- If the air duct system has been contaminated by water intrusion or smoke, sanitizers or sealants may be applied using ultra-low volume sprayers.
- After the air duct system has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, all access holes are resealed and the system is started to verify proper operation.
Looking for Air Duct Cleaning?
Look no further! MM Comfort Systems has been providing air duct cleaning and Heating & Air Conditioning Services since 1965 in the Greater Seattle, Tacoma, Redmond & Bellevue areas of Washington! We also can help you pick and install a new ductless heat pump system for your home or business.